It is Day +2. Don has been in the hospital for 6 days. What happens to a person in this situation is counter-intuitive, because it is only after the chemo leaves the body chemically that the reaction to it manifests its self. From today until about day +10 (January 20), Don is likely to feel some or all of the side effects that chemo brings. For now it is just nausea, which is being managed with medication. So, Don is sleeping much of the time, partly because the anti-nausea meds cause drowsiness, and partly because lying very still feels good.
We have had some visitors. Yesterday Don could enjoy the
company, but today, not so much. So visits are out for the time being. We’ll let you know when things change.
![]() |
| Yesterday Sheng and Leo drove up from Sacramento to see Don |
Several people have asked how I am doing. I have been staying
in Don’s room a lot of the time, day and night. My little blow-up bed is
comfortable and I have learned to sleep through the nurses visits to Don at midnight and 4 AM. So I
am rested. I busy myself reading, chatting with Don, doing email and this blog, and playing my uke. Don
says he likes hearing me play, so I am getting in lots of practice. At night I
curl up in bed and watch a show on my Kindle with Netflix. Sort of cozy. We are
doing well.


No comments:
Post a Comment